Re: [Banshee-List] Audio CD playback grossly choppy

Additional information:

This problem also exists on a Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop.  Running Banshee
via a terminal with --debug set reveals nothing striking during choppy audio
CD playback.

Audio CD playback by Banshee is normal when played through an external USB
DVD drive rather than the Thinkpad's internal CD drive.

This command produces choppy playback:
   gst-launch cdparanoiasrc mode=1 ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! alsasink
Adjusting element properties such as blocksize, read-speed, and
paranoia-mode does not help.

This command produces normal playback:
   gst-launch cdiocddasrc mode=1 ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! alsasink
So perhaps cdparanoiasrc is used in Fedora 10, and cdiocddasrc was used in
Fedora 8. Or perhaps cdparanoiasrc has been changed since Fedora 8 and is no
longer compatible with a Thinkpad 600E's (and Dell Inspiron 7500's) internal
drive.

Am I getting warm?  How does one specify the gstreamer element that is used
for audio CD playback?  Is this selection administered within Banshee, Gnome
(I see nothing relevant in gconf-editor), gstreamer, or elsewhere?

Thanks for considering this problem.