Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee Remote Plugin.

On 8/11/2009 18:54, Daniel Holm wrote:
Hi all,

I just started a project to create a plugin for a Banshee Remote plugin
and I need some help getting started.

Is it possible to use http://audidude.com/blog/?p=49 for use of Python
to Mono? I'm not that happy about learning three languages side, by
side. Isn't there otherwise a way to run a python script using Mono?

You could try IronPython, which is a Python interpreter that runs directly on Mono:

http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython

You could probably create a generic IronPython Banshee plugin based upon the Boo plugin that already exists. IronPython is very compatible with Python and the existing Python script "should just work" assuming it does not rely on non-portable C-compiled modules.

Or maybe you could use Boo (boo.codehaus.org) instead. It is another language to learn, but it is enough like Python that you may find it is easy enough to "port" the Python code to Boo.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net