Re: [Banshee-List] Porting Rhythmbox Spotify plugin to Banshee or creating my own - how?

2009/8/10 Daniel Holm <d holmen gmail com>
Hi all,

Since my last mail about adding a Spotify-plugin became rather quite I start a new one. I have started a project to create a GTK+ based Spotify client, but came to think about perhaps create a own plugin to Banshee instead, or perhaps porting a already created plugin for Rhythmbox to Banshee.

With porting such code please observe if the licences are compatible to avoid problems.

I have never created a plugin and I have no idea how to do it and need some basic help.

One way to go could be to look at what something like the Mirage plugin does, build from there.

I would love to help but Spotify isn't available in Denmark yet and my coding skills are a touch rusty.

- David