Re: [Banshee-List] Syncing with Sony Walkman MP3 player.

The version is definitely important, as some of the Flash-based ones
won't work natively and won't synch with anything but Sony's software
(in Linux or in Windows)

I inherited one of the 512MB NW-Exxx series players [1] from my wife
after she decided she wanted something larger and got an iPod Nano. Sony
being Sony, it only works with their own software (which may or may not
run through Wine), so instead I got the "NW-E00X MP3 File Manager" [2]
app and now use that to copy songs to the player instead.

It isn't great to have to do that, but that's what you get for buying
hardware from a company that wants ridiculous levels of control over its
hardware and supplies shoddy/ugly software rather than doing some
simpler and easy to use integration with what is already there (e.g.
"acting like a removable hard drive").

Regards,

IBBoard

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkman#Flash_Based_NW-E_Series_Walkman