Re: [Banshee-List] Nero AAC in Banshee

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 22:14 -0700, GregTheGerg wrote:
> OK, I know that you can use Nero's AAC in Linux, but I was wondering if
> there's any way to be able to encode CDs in Banshee with it.

Pretty much "no".  Banshee's transcoder and playback engine is
GStreamer[1] based, and Nero doesn't provide a gstreamer element for
it's encoder as far as I know.  That said, recent improvements to the
qtmux element mean that the faac AAC encoding profile in Banshee could
now be re-enabled.

[1] As currently implemented, although the design is there if someone
wanted to implement another engine.