Re: [Banshee-List] A 10-foot interface for Banshee

> I have to admit I did not recognize the CollectionIndexer as a
> possibility to browse the media library .. to me it looked like an
> internally used media indexer for adding new media to Banshee.
> However, thanks for that hint. Is there any documentation on the
> collection indexer service? The D-Bus API is not that intuitive here..

It's actually not too bad, once you poke it a bit (D-Feet is helpful
here). Do CollectionIndexerService.CreateIndexer(), which returns you
a new object path to a new index (likely
/org/bansheeproject/Banshee/CollectionIndexerService/CollectionIndexer_0),
then on that new object do Index() and wait for an IndexingFinished
signal, then GetModelCounts() returns the number of models (which I
assume are separate sources like "music" and "video library"),
GetModelResultsCount(modelIndex) returns the number of media items in
a particular model, and GetResult(modelIndex, resultIndex) returns a
big dictionary of all the metadata for that item.

sil

--
New Year's Day --
everything is in blossom!