Re: [Banshee-List] A 10-foot interface for Banshee

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Alex Launi <alex launi gmail com> wrote:
> Banshee can give you its library, I don't know what makes you think that it
> cannot. There is a CollectionIndexer library that you use, and then you have
> to roll your own for browsing and so on. But the media library is absolutely
> explorable, this is how I wrote the Banshee GNOME Do plugin.

It is indeed, but not all of it. Banshee only exports stuff that's
been imported into it via CollectionIndexer. For example, if Banshee
is browsing a DAAP share, that DAAP share does not show up as a source
in CollectionIndexer. Also, as far as I can tell, playlists are not
exported through CollectionIndexer either -- neither explicit
playlists nor smart playlists are available. So I'm part of the way
there (and indeed this is why I think that having a separate media
browser which reads the Banshee D-Bus API is the way to go for what
I'm planning), but I rather lose out if I want this on two separate
machines in my house (because I'll have to import the media into both
Banshees). (There's a separate post about sharing.)

sil

--
New Year's Day --
everything is in blossom!