Re: [Banshee-List] Problems after installing version 1.2

Jon Cosby wrote:

>>> Command's "banshee-1 --debug".
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hyperair
>>>

>> As I pointed out, I get a "command not found" reply when I type that in.
>>

> If neither "banshee" nor "banshee-1" are found, something went wrong in
> the installation. How did you go about this?
>
> BTW, removing Banshee 0.x from openSUSE 10.3 is not recommended due to
> dependencies. Banshee 1.x and Banshee 0.x can be installed parallel,
> however.
>

> Jon

Jon, thanks for your reply.

Things have moved along a little.  I found where Banshee is installed
(/usr/bin/banshee-1) and managed to start it with the direct command,
"./banshee-1".   Now it starts from the menu as well, so that appears to
have fixed itself, in some mysterious way.

Now, however, when I attempt to import a CD it comes up with the message,
"Could not find an encoder for importing".

The instructions for installing Banshee via the RPM were such that there
were numerous conflicts with the previous version of Banshee.   I therefore
concluded it was safer to uninstall it and then install the later version.
As I said, I have since upgraded from Suse 10.3 to Suse 11.  I was hoping in
doing so, might have fixed the problems and it seems to have partially done
so.