Re: [Banshee-List] Problems after installing version 1.2

andrewski wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 9:55 AM, brian_665
> <brian_665 internode on net>wrote:
>
>> I decided to update my Suse 10.3 installed version 0.x to version 1.2 and
>> now
>> it won't start.
>>
>> Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix it?
>

> Worth checking the output of `banshee-1 --debug`. You can check the output
> on Google/Bugzilla to see if there are any causes, but feel free to post
> the
> output to a pastebin and refer to it here so we can help.
>
> Good luck!
>
> --
> Andrew Conkling
> http://andrewski.net

Andrew,  Thanks for your reply.  Now, I'm going to appear a complete newb.
How do I start banshee with the debug?  I normally use the menu system to
start it and when I type the command "banshee --debug" into a terminal
window it comes back with "command not found".   I've searched high and low
for banshee and none of the documentation tells me where it is installed
(might be a good idea to improve it that way).

cheers

Brian