[Banshee-List] Re vamping the Music Library Columns

I was going to post this as an enhancement bug, but it's kinda a litany of
suggestions, all surrounding how to make the column interface a bit more
friendly and informative.  I like to have lots of info available, but even
maximized at 1680x1050 I don't get Banshee looking quite like I want
(attached picture shows how it looks un-maximized).
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19588560/cramped%2Bcolumns.png

Basiically, I just wanted to throw some ideas out there and see what people
thought.  Here is my ideal world:

Customizable headers
I want to change the titles of some columns, because they are too long. I
know this isn't for everyone, so let people customize them:
"Play Count" --> "Plays"
"Skip Count" --> "Skips"
"Last Played Date" --> "Last Played"
"Track" --> "#"
"Duration" --> "Length" or "Time"
At the least, let me make the column width smaller than the title. Clip the
title, I don't care to read the whole thing.

I want to reduce the buffer area on the right of the header (I know it's
there to leave room for a sorting arrow)
What about some different kind of indicator (bold, change text color,
changing column color is already done)?
What about overlaying the arrow onto the text?

Location to only display full path if not in "Music Library"
If I have file:///home/neil/Music/ set as my music library, only show me the
file path in terms of subfolders.
If the file isn't in my music library, show me the full path (though I think
the "file://" protocol is unnecessary - I assume it's local unless told
otherwise)

"Last Played/Skipped Date" with logical shortening of dates
I don't need to see what time of day I played a song if it was last month (I
don't need it to the minute if it was last week, and I don't need it to the
second if it was yesterday) and I can assume that it is referring to 2008
unless told otherwise.
Customizability is key here.  Overwhelming menus are bad, but gconf is good.
And for everyone, the data ought to be available in full in the file
details.

New column headers
Consolidated info - I don't need a separate column for plays and skips; a
play/skip ratio would work fine.  I think that is much more representative
of my listening habits anyways.