Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee Wish: Must havean XineBackend OptioninPreferences

On 9/10/08, Soft Romu <softromu hotmail com> wrote:
> Thanks for your answer Aaron, but why not planning something for DVD
> support? This will make Banshe an universal multimedia player, even greater
> than it is right now. One player to rule all formats and codecs. That's a
> great perspective to me.

More interesting to me would be DVD import in the same way that CDs
get imported.  Banshee for me is all about the library and, although
video enjoyed in quite a different way to music, I think extending the
library to include video in the same way would be useful.

But that'd be some way into the future; there seems plenty to do to
make Banshee a more kick-arse audio library interface, and then even
more to make it an awesome multimedia library interface.  GStreamer
will be ready when people want to extend it to really handle DVDs.