[Banshee-List] Banshee Not Opening in FC9

I installed the latest version of banshee via yum:

yum -y install banshee

downloaded, installed and completed ok.

I went to open Banshee after an install....the program would go to the
toolbar like it was going to open, then nothing. I rebooted thinking this
might help...still to no avale.

I'm running Fedora Core 9 (Sulphur)
Kernel Linux 2.6.26.5-45.fc9.686
GNOME Desktop Environment version 2.22.3

Any help? I've had a few issue with this kernel on my wireless...maybe it's
the kernel?