Re: [Banshee-List] Rock Box and iPod DAP extensions

"Charles Mason" <charlie mas gmail com> writes:

> 2008/10/17 David Nielsen <gnomeuser gmail com>:
> My problem is the iPod extension effectively grabs the device before
> the new Rock Box one so it can't load the device. I was thinking of
> modifying the iPod extension to ask the user if they have Rock Box
> installed how they want to sync it. If they indicate they don't want
> to sync the iPod DB it simply rejects the device as if it had the Mass
> Storage .is_audio_player file. Then the Rock Box extension could pick
> it up. I was thinking of storing this response on the player so the
> user isn't asked every time.

The iPod extension doesn't touch the device if a .is_audio_player file
is present in the root directory. You need this becuase it helps people
configure album_art size (look at how the dap plugin does this, this was
explicitely designed for rockbox).

Please, rather add a field to the is_audio_player that has something
like is_rockbox or better even rockbox_version (in case we need to deal
with compatibility issues in the future). If that field is present, use
rockbox extension.

Is your code public somewhere so people can have a look? In any case,
thanks for your work.

Best Wishes,

David