Re: [Banshee-List] Amarok to Banshee

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 7:50 AM, fettouhi <A Fettouhi gmail com> wrote:
> I've seen that Banshee can import ones existing Amarok collection but I have
> a few questions about it.
>
> Why doesn't banshee take the album covers I have set from my Amarok
> collection directly. It seems to me that it just searches on amazon for the
> appropriate cover but I have a lot of custom set covers in my collection
> which can't be found on amazon.

It would be a lot of work, and probably pretty much impossible, for
Banshee to migrate 100% of the info Amarok has.  We try to import the
most important things, including play counts, and podcast
subscriptions.  You can file an enhancement bug if you think the album
art migration warrants it.  See
http://banshee-project.org/contribute/file-bugs

And, you're more than welcome to work on it, see
http://banshee-project.org/contribute/write-code/ and
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/banshee/trunk/banshee/src/Core/Banshee.Services/Banshee.PlayerMigration/AmarokPlayerImportSource.cs?view=markup

Gabriel