Re: [Banshee-List] Automatic Rating

Gabriel Burt wrote:
On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Brian Lucas <bcl1713 gmail com> wrote:
If the song has been played before then we need to take an faux-average of
the score so take the existing score and multiply it by the number of times
its been played.  a song with a score of 50 and played 10 times then will
have a 500. Now add the percentage of completion (say 100% for simplicity)
now we have 600.

Shouldn't it add percentage/2 like it does if it's setting it for the
first time?  Or is the /2 just for the first time on purpose to not
set a track as score=100 after just having played it once?
Correct.. you wouldn't want to overrate the song on its first play. As I said before however this isn't the best algorithm.. Its just Amarok's default.
through the score went up.  Now lets say you skipped the song after only 10%
completion.  we would have 525 / 11 = 47.73.

You mean either 25% or 510, right?
Again correct.. Was doing one thing in my head and another on paper. My apologies :)
Thanks a lot for the explanation, it helped a lot.  This will require
a small change t
Gabriel