Re: [Banshee-List] Automatic Rating

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Brian Lucas <bcl1713 gmail com> wrote:
> If the song has been played before then we need to take an faux-average of
> the score so take the existing score and multiply it by the number of times
> its been played.  a song with a score of 50 and played 10 times then will
> have a 500. Now add the percentage of completion (say 100% for simplicity)
> now we have 600.

Shouldn't it add percentage/2 like it does if it's setting it for the
first time?  Or is the /2 just for the first time on purpose to not
set a track as score=100 after just having played it once?

> through the score went up.  Now lets say you skipped the song after only 10%
> completion.  we would have 525 / 11 = 47.73.

You mean either 25% or 510, right?

Thanks a lot for the explanation, it helped a lot.  This will require
a small change to Banshee core to do, you're right, but it shouldn't
be hard.  Look at DatabaseTrackInfo's IncrementPlay/Skip count - could
modify those methods to take the percent complete and save that to the
database.

Gabriel