[no subject]

What about people who have a collection of Music Videos. Many online
music stores sell them so it stands to reason some people genuinely
download and enjoy them in the same way as people listen to
traditional mp3 tracks. It also stands to reason that they won't need
many special video features since they represent a piece of music in
the same way an MP3 does.

To be honest I see no reason why anyone should want to remove the
video functionality, because it doesn't affect them if they only use
Banshee as a music library. After all the percentage of pixels it
takes up on the main window is tiny. Its just one entry and an icon on
the side bar.

There's no bloat added to the code base for it because as you said
GStreamer handles all the decoding and its up to you if you don't
install any video codecs. Its not doing anything when you are just
using it as a music library. Its hardly stealing CPU cycles to keep
your none existent video library in order.

It seems to me your objection is based on the principle of adding
video support because you don't personally want to use it. At the
moment the video related features arn't very extensive but I am sure
they will be eventually.

If you really want that side bar entry and icon space back, make a
patch to remove it and build your self a "video free" build.

I am not sure what you will do if iPod users want to be able to sync
their photos or worse still G1 users want to be able to sync their
ring tones. That's three icons your "video free" patch will need to
remove.

Charlie M