Re: [Banshee-List] search doesn't work - at all !!

On fr., 2008-11-14 at 15:19 -0600, Gabriel Burt wrote:
> Upgrade to 1.4 ( http://banshee-project.org/download/ )  - this bug
> has been fixed.
>
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 3:12 PM, gA5mAn <banshee g00n3r nulluser com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm using banshee 1.2.1 in ubuntu 8.10 (latest version in the repositories)
> >
> > The search function doesn't work at all !!
> >
> > For eg: I have 4 albums, some 50 tracks by Tool yet a search on Tool (or any
> > variant thereof) returns nothing .. zip .. nada !!
> >
> > I can only assume some database got screwed somewhere, but whatever any
> > ideas as to how I can fix this ?
> >
> > Ta
> >
> > /neill
> > --

Hi I'm a user and I think the search function is a little peculiar as
well. I have been a little uncertain how it works. Is it the album name,
artist, type of music?

I have an album of Peter White called Caravan Of Dreams. I get a
positive result when I punch cara or dream, but when I write peter or
white or peter white it's nada.

I did the same exercise with an album of Janine Jansen called Bach -
Inventions and Parita, I get positive result on both Janine end Jansen
and the whole name, but nothing on Bach, but result on Inventions and
Parita.

I run the 1.4.1 version of the program.

dagr