Re: [Banshee-List] Open Banshee with other database

On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 11:26 +0100, Benjamín Valero Espinosa wrote:
> Otherwise, if I use the same option opening another database that is
> empty I get no error, so I suppose that it is because I need
> permissions for more folders or files than the banshee.db one. Any
> help? I would really like my wife to see my music without having to
> rescan (well, this is nowadays the dirty solution). Thanks.
>
> Benja
You'll need read and execute permissions for ~/, ~/.config, and
~/.config/banshee-1, if I'm not mistaken, and read and write permissions
for ~/.config/banshee-1/banshee.db.

Also, only one program can lock the banshee.db at one time, so if both
you and your wife log into the same computer at the same time, only one
Banshee instance can be open.
--
Chow Loong Jin