[Banshee-List] Speed up Banshee for old PCs?

Banshee 0.99 is too slow to use on the old PC that I use as a soundbridge, like 60+ secs between track playback.  I use 0.13 and it's acceptable. (set up is xubuntu on a 300Mhz, 128MB laptop).  0.99 looks really great and I'd like to use it, but as it is it won't work for me.

At a guess, I'd say the problem appears to be massive amounts of disk / memory swapping while it searches for the next track - almost as if its stepping through a database stored on disc

On the Ubuntu forums, I posted this issue a few weeks ago and was << I think there are plans ahead to reduce the CPU and memory footprint of Banshee when it approaches 1.0. Right now we're still in Beta 1.>> (I've since tried 99.2)

Questions:  Is this a known issue?  Will it be fixed?  Is there anything I can do to make 0.99 useable?

Thanks,  Geoff