[Banshee-List] Rough schedule for Banshee 1.0

Hey all,

We've gotten some great feedback[1] throughout the 1.0 cycle, have
fixed hundreds of bugs and added tons of features, and we are nearly
ready for the release of Banshee 1.0.

The current plan is to release Banshee 1.0 RC 1 the end of this week.
That will mark the start of a code freeze, broken only for major bug
fixes and translations.  So mark your calendars: we need updated
translations and thorough testing to happen this weekend!

Assuming all is looking good, we will make the Banshee 1.0 release
early next week.

Don't worry that because a feature or bug didn't make it into 1.0 it
is not a priority or that it never will get in;  we have a lot of
great ideas and many bugs to fix (the most important being
multi-artist album support and library directory watching, IMO) that
aren't going to make 1.0.   It's important for us to reach this
milestone, and then keep the momentum going for some awesome 1.1 and
1.2 releases.  This has been an abnormally long release cycle due to
the deep-clean we gave a lot of the code; post-1.0 releases will
happen relatively quickly.

Thanks for your support and hard work!

Gabriel

[1] http://banshee-project.org/Reviews