Re: [Banshee-List] ANNOUNCE: Banshee 1.0 Beta 2 (0.99.2) Released!

2008/5/23 Robert Chambers <chambersr gmail com>:
My brain is still running on "Newby 101", I'm trying to get the latest version of banshee uploaded and have been over the install instructions at least half a dozen times.  I'm missing something.  Under "software sources" "Third-Party Software" I go to "Add" and place in
 http://ppa.launchpad.net/banshee-team/ubuntu hardy main
As per https://edge.launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive, you need "deb " at the beginning of that; the line should read:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/banshee-team/ubuntu hardy main
If the source is already in your Third-Party Software list, it may be easiest to remove it and add the entire line again; when you edit it, it tries to parse the sections of that line and it can be confusing.

Hope this helps,
Andrew