Re: [Banshee-List] I was thinking last night and....

Hyperair wrote:
Kevin Dupuy wrote:
On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 13:11 -0400, Timothy Collins wrote:
What would be a fun plug in for Banshee : When the user starts a MP3
file, the plug in goes out to youtube, does a search and, if it finds
it, automatically plays the video that corresponds to the music in
place of the album art.
A better idea might be to integrate this with the Now Playing window. It
finds the music video then you can play it if you switch to Now Playing.
Perhaps to make this clear, a "Music Video" button could be added to the
top of the window, alongside the volume control and whatever else
buttons are up there.
Aha! This I agree with! =) I think that's a good idea, but even so,
playing the video while using the local mp3 might not be a good idea,
due to the latency issues I've brought up before. Also the possibility
that it can get out-of-sync is high.

I'm now thinking the the out-of-sync risk is not only a problem caused by latency, because you may have a video that starts with 0.3s of silence, and your song start with 0.5s. So there should be an algorithm to compare both sound channels and try to sync them, which seems a bit complicated to design, mmmmhh...

	Andres