Re: [Banshee-List] I was thinking last night and....

Hyperair wrote:
Andrés G. Aragoneses wrote:
Hyperair wrote:
Andrés G. Aragoneses wrote:
LCID Fire wrote:
Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
That would either result in crappy sound (if you use the one from
video stream) or no synchronization (if you use the mp3).
Why no synchronization? If the plugin looked at the best match (same duration as the song) maybe the sync is right. Am I missing something?

Yes you are. Latency issues come to play when streaming. You can't
expect a video to load smoothly all the time. So the mp3 will play while
the video lags behind.
But you mean only if the streaming download is slower than the video playing, right? We could get a pre-download of the next song and avoid this at some point...

	Andres

I believe this will waste a lot of bandwith. I switch songs manually
from time to time (search, double click). This method will surely fail then.

Heh, but I see a different use case for such a plugin (which indeed explains why other people don't see it useful they way you think of it): just leave Banshee playing in the background if your doing a party.

I've actually tried doing this at home and either you wast too much time downloading the videos you want via P2P some weeks before, or you finally end up listening to the poor music quality of YouTube. With this plugin, you would end up with a big collection of music (if you have it) with video-clips incorporated for free (without extra storage space, without extra hassle of predownloading them...). Of course the ideal thing is that people just deal with a play-list that gets enqueued, but cannot modify what's playing at the moment. This way you ensure that you won't have synching problems if you pre-download some songs...

Well, if I'm able to make it, I'll call it the Party extension. ;)

	Andres