[Banshee-List] trouble compiling

Trying to compile banshee-1-0.98.2

When I configure I get:
  configure: error: Cannot find required GStreamer-0.10 plugin 'playbin'.

I've compiled gstreamer-0.10.18  and the gst-plugins-base-0.10.18

The end of the plugins configure gives this output:

configure: *** Plug-ins without external dependencies that will be built:
        adder
        audioconvert
        audiorate
        audioresample
        audiotestsrc
        ffmpegcolorspace
        gdp
        playback
        subparse
        tcp
        typefind
        videorate
        videoscale
        videotestsrc
        volume

configure: *** Plug-ins without external dependencies that will NOT be built:

configure: *** Plug-ins with dependencies that will be built:
        gnomevfs
        ogg
        pango
        theora
        video4linux
        vorbis
        ximagesink
        xvimagesink

configure: *** Plug-ins with dependencies that will NOT be built:
        alsa
        cdparanoia
        gio
        libvisual

How can I resolve this dependency?

Also, I really need ipod support, so whats up with the  "No iPod
support"  under missing features?  Should I be trying to compile a
different version of banshee?

Thanks!
John