Re: [Banshee-List] Fwd: 13 decimal places

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:54:39 -0500, Brandon Perry
<bperry volatile gmail com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 08:29 -0400, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Alex Hixon
> <hixon alexander mediati org> wrote:
>> <snip/>
>> >  Cutting down on noise is a good thing, however, you *do* want to
> adjust
>> >  the threshold on which you filter the noise depending on the total
>> >  length of the tracks.
>> >
>> >  I'd find the following formatting rules alright:
>> >   * 1 item, 49 seconds, 1.2 MB
>> >   * 3 items, 8 minutes, 12 seconds, 12 MB
>> >   * 29 items, 3.5 hours, 104 MB
>> >   * 106 items, 1.2 days, 527.9 MB
>> >
>> >  Thoughts?
>
> Well, my collection is a mix of FLAC, OGG, and MP3, so that wouldn't
> work for me, (especially since FLAC is like 30 MB).

The item and size counts were merely samples to indicate the overall
length of what the statusbar item would end up as. Obviously they
would reflect what you actually have in your library, rounded to one
decimal place as they currently are.

Cheers,
Alex Hixon