Re: [Banshee-List] How many people use Banshee?

2008/3/3, Igor Guerrero <igor ubuntu org ni>:
Yeah, and also there's is a warning(or message) telling you that Caninical does not support Banshee, and it's supported only by the community, which is sometimes a no no, for some people, that may think that Rhythmbox is more adapted to Ubuntu than Banshee.

And also the people who use Banshee from source(like me), maybe Aaron can tell us the downloads stats.

So with that said... I can say that "A LOT" of people use Banshee, and "A LOT" use Rhythmbox and "A LOT" use Amarok :)

If I were you, I would choose Banshee :), but probably you may use something like DBus to work in conjunction with all the media players, that shouldn't be a lot of work.

Shuttle just picked Foresight Linux for their highly sexy KPC product line, a 199$ computer with all the average users should need. This means Banshee delivered preinstalled. The Zonbu machine which is also one of these small form factor cheap computers which have become so popular also ships a configuration with Banshee presintalled.

http://us.shuttle.com/kpc/features.html#

Banshee is doing just fine and is being selected for technical excellence for such deployments, I think there's reason to be proud.

- David