Re: [Banshee-List] HOWTO: Manually creating cover art

I've given a bit of thought to the whole cover-art issue, and IMO the
proper solution to the problem is to change the artist-album naming
convention to an albumartist-album format. This would then fix cover art
for compilation/various artist albums, and also coverart when tracks
have an artist tag that's slightly different to the rest of the album
(ie, the Mark Ronson example Stephen gave).

Of course, this relies on Banshee understanding and correctly handling
albumartist tags. Again, IMO, the best way to do this is:

- For tracks with musicbrainz "Album Artist" tags, or with the assorted
variations on this tag (albumartist, band, etc...), use this as the
basis for the album artist field. This way, people with their music
properly tagged will see the desired organization, with compilation
albums being correctly grouped together

- For any tracks without any variation of the album artist tag, just
copy the artist tag to the album artist field. This means,
unfortunately, that compilation albums will still be split up across the
artists. HOWEVER, it's no worse than the current banshee behaviour, and
it will only affect ppl with poorly-tagged collections. To generalize,
if someone's got a badly tagged collection, they're probably not going
to notice/care about this :P (If ppl have questions on why their
collection isn't appearing properly, we can direct them to tools like
musicbrainz' picard.)

That's my ideal banshee behaviour anyway! :)

Nyall