Re: [Banshee-List] Video but no sound

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 08:57 +1000, Christopher James Halse Rogers wrote:

> MPEG 4 audio is also known as AAC, if I remember correctly.
> 'gst-inspect0.10 faad' on my system suggests that you should be able to
> find a decoder in a gstreamer-plugins-bad package from your package
> manager of choice.

Useful tip Christopher, thanks!  I get the following output (below)... I
guess the part I'm 'not getting' is (1) Is the encoder to content
association made automatically by gtreamer and (2) Is there a way to
force/edit/change an association?

Factory Details:
  Long name:	AAC audio decoder
  Class:	Codec/Decoder/Audio
  Author(s):	Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>
  Rank:		primary (256)

Plugin Details:
  Name:			faad
  Filename:		/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfaad.so
  Version:		0.10.7
  License:		GPL
  Source module:	gst-plugins-bad
  Binary package:	GStreamer Bad Plug-ins source release
  Origin URL:		Unknown package origin