Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 1.2; GUADEC

2008/7/21 Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com>:
Hey all,

It was brought to my attention that people wanted info about the 1.2
release.  Because of traveling and some other difficulties finishing
the features we want to ship in 1.2 we didn't get the release out
by/during GUADEC.  But it should be out very soon.  We have already
finished work on multi-artist album support, manual playlist/playqueue
reordering, daap, eq, recommendations, and internet radio.  Aaron is
working on the library/directory watching support.

If you are able, please check out trunk and test these features out,
and file bugs.  See http://banshee-project.org/contribute/ for more
info on getting involved.

GUADEC went really well, we had a BoF (BIrds of a Feather) meeting, a
lightening talk (only 5 minutes but I demoed most of the app) and a
full talk (but on Saturday, the very last day).  I had a good
discussion with Rob McQueen about creating a Banshee extension that
uses telepathy/tubes to share information/media.  If somebody wants to
help me jump start that, that would be great.  Talked to a lot of
random people who had tried Banshee 1.0 and really liked it, including
quite a few who weren't the biggest fans of 0.13.2 for various
reasons.  I even briefly talked to Mark Shuttleworth (who asked me if
Banshee was their default player) and he said he would try out Banshee
1.2 from the Ubuntu PPA when it comes out.

I've posted the slides from our talk:
http://download.banshee-project.org/documents/GUADEC-2008-Banshee_Talk.pdf

Anyway, thanks for your patience, patches, bug reports, etc!

Any hopes for bringing back the portable player syncronization as we had in 0.13.2, which by far made Banshee the best mediaplayer on Linux. I personally really miss that feature.