Re: [Banshee-List] Compile Error in ThickClient.dll - Ubuntu 7.10

Try running "make run" inside the source directory. I think "make install" is currently broken on trunk. Trunk is *very* unstable right now, there's a big reorganisation going on as far as i know.

Alan.

2008/1/30 Josiah Ritchie <josiah ritchietribe net>:

2008/1/30 Ruben Vermeersch <ruben savanne be>:

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 09:03 -0500, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> I've been trying for a few days to compile banshee from svn to see how
> the new stuff is coming and have been running into this error on make
>
> ./Banshee.Sources.Gui/SourceRowRenderer.cs(136,59): error CS0019:
> Operator `==' cannot be applied to operands of type
> `Banshee.Sources.ITrackModelSource' and `Banshee.Sources.Source'
>
> am running on Ubuntu 7.10.
>
> Anyone know what I can do to resolve this?

I've been running into the same problems. For testing, I have backported
mono 1.2.6 to gutsy. Would you mind trying the following:

1) Add this repo: deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ruben/ubuntu gutsy main
2) Upgrade mono. You will have to uninstall the "mono" and "mono-devel"
packages, which are empty anyway, so don't worry about it.
3) Try building again.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks Ruben! That shot me right past the Error and I was able to install it as banshee2.

Now I have a new problem to debug:

$ banshee2
Cannot open assembly /usr/lib/banshee2/Nereid.exe.

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen