Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 13.2 Duplicate Songs in Library problem

2008/1/25 Dave Lazar <hunkybill gmail com>:
I suspect there is a bug in the Import Music algorithm that fails to detect duplicates in certain cases of program operation. In my case, the only operation I enacted that could be blamed would be the fact that I did a second Import Music command but pointed at my rip/ directory where I place new/ripped music...

Anyone else experience this problem with dupes in the library???

No, nothing that the Cleanup plugin couldn't correct. (I haven't tried in 0.13.2, so I don't know about whether it works, etc.)

So you're saying that you:
1. Set the Library location in Preferences.
2. Imported that folder to get your initial library.
3. Imported your 'rip' directory?

And I'm curious: do you have your Music Library symlinked to somewhere else? That seems to have caused problems in the past.

And is everything duplicated? Or is there a pattern to what is?

Cheers,
Andrew