Re: [Banshee-List] Memory leak. Banshee or Mono?

Are you running Banshee from trunk or from the stable branch in SVN? It would make a huge difference. I've observed Banshee from trunk using only about 20-40MB of RSS over long periods of time. Memory usage in trunk is *greatly* reduced over stable.

Also, how many songs are in your database and what plugins do you have enabled?

What version of Mono exactly are you running? I am not familiar with Ubuntu so much.

Thanks,
Aaron

>>> Brandon Perry <bperry volatile gmail com> 01/06/08 1:27 PM >>>
I have been using Banshee for about 3 days non-stop. Uptime is 3 days
with Banshee running all the time. My memory usage when I started it was
304 MB. During the three days, I used my computer as usual and then
noticed while I was idling (Pidgin, Xchat, and Banshee are the only
things open), I was using 786 MB RAM. I have a SVN checkout from last
week, but Mono is from the Gutsy repos. I shut down Banshee and my
memory usage went down to ~430 MB. Should I investigate more into what
is causing the memory leak or is this a known problem?