[Banshee-List] Data replication

Since I seem to be not the only one to need data replication to multiple
 computers I'd like to discuss some ways to do this properly.

My idea would be to do this data exchange through a xml file.
This file could have 2 formats:
1. a complete snapshot
2. diffs of changed(new, modified, deleted) tracks (from a certain
timeperiod)

I think exporting this file should be possible through a standalone
program so this can be used e.g. in cron.

On the other end a banshee plugin should listen on a certain file - and
do a data exchange if the file is filled.
Alternatively it would perhaps here, too, make sense to use a standalone
program - so banshee can be synced without it even running.

For a start I'd not do file syncing and also a exchange should be only
possible by 2 corresponding versions of the banshee schema.

One thing that has to be handled manually is foreign key constraints.
What other things do we need to be careful of?