Re: [Banshee-List] Why SafeUri > System.Uri?

On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 23:59 -0500, Scott Peterson wrote:
> I'm only just ran across the System.Uri type and was curious why we
> use the custom SafeUri class instead.

I'm not sure about the exact details, but I seem to remember that
System.Uri, being based on what Microsoft made, also had to implement
the bugs Microsoft introduced. SafeUri was meant to be compatible, but
bug-free.

--
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv)
http://www.savanne.be