Re: [Banshee-List] Hyena.Data.Gui.ListView performance

Keep in mind scrolling is not the only cause of ListView redraws;
changing data will trigger it too.

Generally speaking, if you change the source you'll be completely redrawing the contents of the listview. But i think the optimisation he's talking about is for the case where you scroll the contents of the listview.

In the case of scrolling by 1, only 1 row has to be removed and 1 new row added. What scott noticed is that the entire listview is cleared and N rows are added again each time. This is a little wasteful of memory/cpu. That's my understanding of it anyway, correct me if i'm wrong ;)

Alan.