[Banshee-List] Hyena.Data.Gui.ListView performance

I was looking into the performance of Hyena.Data.Gui.ListView tonight
with the profiler. I made a few changes but would like to undertake
some more extensive optimizations. My first thought is to recycle
pixels which have already been rendered. If the list is scrolled down
one row, only the newly expose row needs to be rendered; as I
understand the current code (and I don't have a thorough understanding
so I could be wrong), the whole thing is rendered anew each time.
Aaron, what do you think about that and other approaches to improve
the rendering speed of the ListView?

--
Scott.