Re: [Banshee-List] Hyena.Data.Gui.ListView performance

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 02:44 -0500, Scott Peterson wrote:
> I was looking into the performance of Hyena.Data.Gui.ListView tonight
> with the profiler. I made a few changes but would like to undertake
> some more extensive optimizations. My first thought is to recycle
> pixels which have already been rendered. If the list is scrolled down
> one row, only the newly expose row needs to be rendered; as I
> understand the current code (and I don't have a thorough understanding
> so I could be wrong), the whole thing is rendered anew each time.
> Aaron, what do you think about that and other approaches to improve
> the rendering speed of the ListView?

ListView performance becomes quite obvious when you run metacity. I can
see it redraw on expose (quickly, but I can still see it happening). So
if it's up to me: please do so!

As a side note: what setup are you using to profile banshee? Mind
sharing that? Previous attempts of mine to profile banshee resulted in
horrible crashes (admittedly, those are a very long time ago, mono has
improved a lot since).

Kind regards,
   Ruben

--