Re: [Banshee-List] Probably obvious cover art detection question

On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 00:10 -0500, Jud Craft wrote:
> Hey there!  I'm using Fedora 10's Banshee 1.4.1.
>
> Here's my question.  Why won't Banshee detect all of the cover.jpg's
> that I have in my album folders?  Half my albums show up with album
> art, and half don't, and I can't figure out the difference.  (It _is_
> possible that half have a predefined album-art-tag, but I figured that
> if Banshee couldn't find an art tag, it would use any cover.jpg
> present as a fallback).

You're right, banshee first looks for embedded album art, then for a
suitable image file in the folder, and then tries the online sources.

When looking for an image file in the folder, it tries to be smart and
only do it for files in a directory specific to an album. If your album
have more than 30 tracks, you might want to set the "track count" for
those, it should help.
If that doesn't work, please file a bug :
http://banshee-project.org/contribute/file-bugs/

> I'm also not sure what parts of Banshee do what in regard to Album
> Art.  I'm not sure what the "Downloading Album Art" is doing when I
> import my entire collection -- I have album art, I figured it would
> use that.  But I don't know if I should disable the "Fetch Cover Art"
> extension, because I'm not sure if that is just used for Downloading
> art, or if I need it to locate and load local art as well.

The "Cover Art" extension only adds the possibility to fetch cover art
for all tracks.

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>