Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee release planning

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Strider <chris vansteenlandt telenet be> wrote:
> Anybody have any ideas about release planning after 1.4 ?

I've put some ideas up at
http://banshee-project.org/contribute/write-code/roadmap/

> The google calendar in the 'about' section of the site is quite empty :-/

Hopefully that'll change soon.  I'm really not sure when 1.6 will be
out;  I'm sure Aaron has an opinion.  :)

> If I might make a suggestion to the banshee team : given the huge
> functionality increase we got from 1.1 to 1.4, I think I would be nice to
> have a release that fixes as many bugs as possible (I didn't say we had any
> bug fixes in past releases :-D). In this way we would have a stable base
> from which to extend functionality further.

I'm all for fixing bugs, but I don't think we'll keep still on new
features for 1.6.  As you said, 1.4 had a ton of new features, but
also a ton (150+ IIRC) bugs fixed.  Let's do both again.  Bertrand's
already got us started with an excellent list of bug-fix and
new-feature patches to review in his Pending Patches Periodical of a
couple days ago.

Cheers,

Gabriel