Re: [Banshee-List] Open folder with Banshee in Ubuntu

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 4:34 PM, sojusnik <gelassen gmx net> wrote:

> Im' using Banshee with Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex 64-bit.
>
> If you right-click on a (music) folder in nautilus (file browser) then there
> you can choose to open a folder with...in our case Banshee. The music files
> in this folder will be played in Banshee, that's great! But when Banshee is
> already open, then the above mentioned action is not possible, after
> clicking on "open folder with Banshee" nothing will happen.
>
> Seems to be a bug.

I imagine its caused by banshee not wanting to have a second copy of
its self open. It would need to inform the already running copy of
Banshee what you asked it to open before it closes its self.

I haven't looked at the code but that's a fairly educated guess. Its
probably worth opening a bug in the bug tracker ether way, as its
clearly a bug.

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=banshee

Charlie M