Re: [Banshee-List] Importing CD's whose metadata cannot be found

The same happens to me when I try to rip a cd in banshee 1.2.1, I get the names "track 1, track 2, ...", instead of the real track/artist names.
But when I rip the same cd with Rhythmbox, it fills the medata correctly. So what I do as "workaround", I rip the cd with Rhythmbox ( to the same music library folder that I use with Banshee), and then I re-import the folder in banshee. Doing it that way I get the files with the correct names and metadata.
Would be great to have that working on Banshee soon :).

Regards,
Pedro

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Darin Ohashi <dohashi gmail com> wrote:

> > I've tried moving the files out of the media folder, removing them
> > from the library and then importing them from the new location.
> > That worked once, but now it does not seem to work.  I do have the
> > copy files to media folders option enabled, so I'm not sure what is
> > going wrong.
>
> There's also an "Update file & folder names" option in SVN, which
> renames files/folders to keep them in sync with the metadata.  I think
> this addresses your problem, yes?

That sounds perfect.

Is there no good way to handle this in 1.2.1?  I'm currently just skipping all
the cd's whose metadata won't load.  I guess I may need to fallback to a
external ripping program for now.

> Or allow the CD's metadata to be edited before importing.  I remember
> this being possible in 0.13.

Yes, that would work too.

Darin

--
Because all other Floccinaucinihilipilification Homepages are worthless.
http://www.floccinaucinihilipilification.net