[Banshee-List] Importing CD's whose metadata cannot be found

I've been importing a bunch of my cd's.  For some of them the cd metadata
cannot not be found.  I've found it pretty annoying to get these tracks into
the library and media folder directory structure in a way that is consistent
with tracks whose metadata had been found.

Is there a good way to do this that I have not figured out?

The basic issue is that when you rip a cd without metadata, the files (for my
configuration) end up in Unknown Artist/Unknown Album with generic track
titles.  After I manually enter the metadata, there does not seem to be an
easy way to get these tracks moved to the same directory structure that
I would have had if the metadata had been found.

This actually caused me a bit of trouble because the next cd you import
(without metadata) will overwrite these generic file names without any
warning.  I did not notice this until I'd ripped and updated the metadata on a
couple of cds.

I've tried moving the files out of the media folder, removing them from the
library and then importing them from the new location.  That worked once,
but now it does not seem to work.  I do have the copy files to media folders
option enabled, so I'm not sure what is going wrong.

I have a few suggestions on how this could be fixed, first would be a context
menu item that would move selected files according to their metadata info and
your preferences.  Another fix might be the ability to configure where the cd
ripper puts its output files when meta data cannot be found.  This would allow
you to rip the cd to a location outside of the media folder, then import them
into the library (assuming importing copied the files correctly).  Finally, it
is not clear if it is a bug or not that importing files that exist within the
media folder does not move them according to their metadata (even if those
files are not part of the library).

Thanks

Darin

--
Because all other Floccinaucinihilipilification Homepages are worthless.
http://www.floccinaucinihilipilification.net