Re: [Banshee-List] What version do I have?

Gabriel Burt wrote:
On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Larry Alkoff <labradley mindspring com> wrote:
The About tab in my Banshee downloaded a few days ago reports
Banshee 0.13.2.

However, I see in the mail list archives that Gabriel Burt announced the
release of Banshee version 1.2.1 on August 12.

I'm using Ubuntu Hardy Heron so I have to ask if this is some kind of Debian
issue in keeping up to date?

Larry, please see the website before asking such basic questions in
the future (and if you don't find an answer there, then feel free to
ask here).  The answer is here: http://banshee-project.org/download/

Gabriel

Thanks Gabriel.

I actually looked at most of the website including all the help files I could find and the mailing list archives.

I ignored the Download page because most programs for Ubuntu load with
"sudo apt-get install whatever".

Now that I see it's different in the use of a PPA, I'll follow instructions.

Thanks for your kindly worded suggestion and help.
Larry