Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee on Fedora; packager needed

2008/8/16 Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com>
Hey Nigel,

This is in reply to the note you sent to the fedora-devel-list [1].
I'm sorry to hear you won't be packaging Banshee for Fedora anymore;
thanks for the work you've done.  Hopefully somebody else will step
up.

Quoting your e-mail: "there are several upstream weirdnesses that
drove me nuts (such us distributing libraries privately) that started
causing weird conflicts with other packages"

I think you and I were talking about the 'distributing libraries
privately' thing on IRC recently, but let's rehash here, publicly.
Your issue is/was with us having a directory in our source tree we
call src/Libraries/ and bundling the resulting .dll's in with our
Banshee package?

I think most of the "prebundled dll" stuff is found in pre 1.0 which is still shipped in F8. Pushing 1.x to stable would be desirable - that being said we need a new maintainer. I would be willing at to at least comaintain, I have been banging at podsleuth lately trying to make it like me again, still a few issues left though. If anyone wants help to share the burden then hit me on mail.

- David