Re: [Banshee-List] ANNOUNCE: Banshee 1.0 Alpha 3 (0.98.3) Released!

Gabriel Burt wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 11:55 AM, LCID Fire <lcid-fire gmx net> wrote:
>> Aaron Bockover wrote:
>>  > Hello,
>>  >
>>  > We've released Banshee 1.0 Alpha 3 (0.98.3), two weeks after our second
>>  > 1.0 alpha release, which brings some great new features and lots of bug
>>  > fixes and performance improvements.
>>  Well I finally tried out the new banshee and it's looks quite good. I
>>  love the lastfm features but didn't have the chance yet to play around
>>  that much.
>>  One thing that got pretty appearent: Please remove the browser frame!
>>  The old frame layout was really nice and simple - but not only does the
>>  browser frame take much space - it also destroys the simplicity of the
>>  ui. The basic idea is great - but I'd like it more to be in the source
>>  list than in a seperate frame.
>
> I don't know what you mean.  Is your issue with the Last.fm support,
> or general?  Can you explain in more detail, or provide a mockup of
> what you want?

Sorry to be not clear about this.
I have a problem with the general layout. I'd rather have the browser
and the source list merged. Perhaps it gets a little clearer looking at
the following fake screenshot:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3060/2416228517_8d8159c66a_b.jpg
This is what I think should be changed. (Look at the source list ;))
My line of argumentation is that I don't need to filter the playlists
anymore because they are already filtered. At least in the way I use
banshee it's not a use case (but I'd be interested what use cases other
people have). So the only thing where I think it makes sense is the full
music library - and therefor a new ChildSource "All artists" could be added.
Did I make myself a little more clear?