Re: [Banshee-List] Artist vs. Album Artist

On 9/20/07, Grant <emailgrant gmail com> wrote:
> I'm having an issue with Banshee using the artist instead of the album
> artist.  I believe FLAC only stores the artist and not the album
> artist so it's no surprise.  With Neil Young "Greatest Hits" for
> example, a few of the tracks are tagged Neil Young & Crazy Horse and
> the rest are tagged Neil Young.  In Banshee this causes the album's
> tracks to be split up between the two artist designations so the
> tracks aren't displayed sequentially and the cover art doesn't match.
>
> Has anyone discovered any kind of a work-around for this?  Maybe there
> is a way to get picard to let you tag tracks with the album artist in
> the artist slot?

Would setting my files up into a banshee-supported hierarchy help with
this?  I currently don't use folders at all and just write all info to
the filename.

I doubt it. I have the same process--using Picard to tag, Banshee to play--and I expect that, simply, Banshee just lacks the support for the Album Artist tag. (It's there, my portable player runs Rockbox and shows the Album Artist).

Would you be able to file a bug (enhancement) for this?