Re: [Banshee-List] Mirage - Automatic Playlist Generation Plugin

Brandon Perry wrote:
I got the plugin working for my laptop, soon on my desktop and it works
great. Just one question, everytime I drag a song to it, it only selects
6 (or less) songs. Is that normal?

Hi,

yes - This is because it showed that usually the 5 most similar songs are matched quite well. But the longer a playlist the worse it gets.

Internally it works like this:
- if you listen to more than 60% of a song from the 5 songs the playlist gets updated and a new playlist (with the just listened song) is appended.
 - If you skip a song it never gets into this playlist again.

My intention with this was - You just listen to the music if you like the songs and use the skip button (ideally on a remote or your multimedia keys) if you dont like the proposed songs and in the background the playlist is generated and updated.

For the next release I'd like to add some kind of random element - so that you dont get exactly the same songs with the same seed..

greetings
domi.