Re: [Banshee-List] Broken SVN Checkout?

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 08:01 -0500, Brandon Perry wrote:
> Hi, I checked out the latest SVN this morning and it seems to break
> here:
>
> ./Banshee.Collection.Gui/AlbumListView.cs(36,43): error CS0246: The type
> or namespace name `AlbumInfo' could not be found. Are you missing a
> using directive or an assembly reference?
> ./Banshee.Collection.Gui/ArtistListView.cs(36,44): error CS0246: The
> type or namespace name `ArtistInfo' could not be found. Are you missing
> a using directive or an assembly reference?
> ./Banshee.Collection.Gui/TrackListView.cs(35,43): error CS0246: The type
> or namespace name `TrackInfo' could not be found. Are you missing a
> using directive or an assembly reference?
> Compilation failed: 3 error(s), 0 warnings
> make[4]: *** [Banshee.ThickClient.dll] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory
> `/home/radiohead/srcs/banshee/src/Core/Banshee.ThickClient'
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/radiohead/srcs/banshee/src/Core'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/radiohead/srcs/banshee/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/radiohead/srcs/banshee'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> radiohead radiohead-desktop:~/srcs/banshee$
>

> Is this a problem with just my checkout?

Please read the following, which is displayed when configuring banshee:

WARNING: This is Banshee trunk! It is currently under very heavy
         development and is NOT guaranteed to build or work under any
         circumstances at the moment. When this status changes, this
         message will be removed. Only use trunk if you know exactly
         what you are doing.

         Please do not file bugs against trunk related to build errors.

         We recommend using the stable branch until this notice has
         been removed. Check out the stable branch:

   svn co http://svn.gnome.org/svn/banshee/branches/banshee/stable \
             banshee-stable

In other words, it's broken, we'll fix it!

--
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv)
http://www.savanne.be