[Banshee-List] Banshee messes with Music folder

My Music folder is a symbolic link to a folder on another disk. When I
execute a "Delete from drive" command on a file without the directory
being present banshee crashes. I mean that is really annoying but it
gets worse. Somehow banshee is then removing the symbolic link! and
creating an empty Music folder.
Could someone give me an explanation why it is messing with the Music
folder itself in the first place? I think this behavior is really
dangerous let alone difficult to analyze...

Regards